Communications Officer at SHV Holdings
Your responsibilties as Communications Officer
Do you easily connect with various stakeholders in an organisation? Do you enjoy working in an international environment that offers opportunities to grow? Then you are the Communications Officer we are looking for.
As a Communications Officer at SHV's head office in Utrecht, you focus on excellent internal and recruitment communications. You actively contribute to further professionalisation and visibility of the (internal) communications department and execution of the long-term communications strategy.
As a member of a small communication team, you coordinate your communication projects independently. With an enthusiastic and proactive attitude, you anticipate to internal and external developments concerning SHV and its group companies.
- Develop and implement campaigns in cooperation with SHV’s group companies.
- Manage the new website, intranet and social platform by continuously providing upto-date content.
- Produce content for communications resources like newsletters, website, infographics, mailings and videos.
- Safeguard the (internal) corporate identity of SHV.
- Advise and support internal departments in an active way.
What SHV Holdings expect from you:
- Excellent writing skills - able to prepare messages for varied target groups.
- Fluent English (verbal and writing).
- Education in communications.
- Experience with SharePoint, online portals and Content Management Systems.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEA and web analytics.
- 3-5 years’ working experience in an internal communications role at an international organisation.
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and various CMS systems.
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours.
Personal skills that will make you successful in this role:
- Hands-on, pragmatic and results-oriented
- Social and team player
- Self-starter and proactive
- Eager to learn and adapt
- Able to switch between ad hoc activities and bigger projects
SHV originated in 1896 in the Netherlands from a merger between a number of large coal trading companies, some of which had been active since the 18th century. After the decline of coal as the primary source of energy, halfway through the twentieth century, SHV moved into other business areas.
SHV has a long-term focus, expanding and developing businesses and providing customers with excellent products and services, which add value. SHV believes in doing business in a responsible and sustainable way – by finding the right balance between people, profit, planet and pride. Thinking about the needs of future generations and the companies’ role in society takes a central place at SHV.
Today SHV is a family-owned multinational with more than 60,000 employees and net sales amounting to € 20 billion. Group companies and their business units are supported from the SHV head office in Utrecht, the Netherlands. SHV has a no-nonsense professional and entrepreneurial culture. Mutual respect and trust provide the basis for a sound working relationship among the people. All colleagues are encouraged to take responsibility in their work and to be creative.
SHV’s entrepreneurship is reflected in its range of operations:
- Trade in and distributon of LPG (SHV Energy)
- Cash-and-carry wholesale (Makro)
- Heavy lifting and transport solutions (Mammoet)
- Industrial services (ERIKS)
- Animal nutrition and aqua feed (Nutreco)
- Exploration and production of oil and gas (Dyas)
- Private equity (NPM Capital)y